[PSUBS-MAILIST] Building a psub for sale?

Situation: somebody wants to buy a psub. Somebody wants to build a psub and
sell it. Okay, two meet each other. Does the seller have to get
certifications/insurance on a psub prior to selling it? I mean, what happens
if something happens to a person in a psub? Who would be liable? Or should
two people just have an agreement signed about a psub being sold "as is",
without any warranty or liability? It's kind of gray area of the law to me..

Sincerely, Paul.