Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Secret sub bases (was: More youthful wetsub experiences)

I'd remove the sub from the water after each use.  Reduces the hull
corrosion considerably.  As for the rails dipping into the ocean, yeah
it could have been fishing boats, but I doubt it.  All depends on the
size of the rail.  Are they 15#, 20#, 50#, 112#, 116#, 131# or 180#?  15
pound rail would be used for smaller boats.  131 pound rail would be for
small/medium ships or submarines.  That is the weight per yard of rail.
So the 15# is 15 pounds per yard of steel rail and the 180 is 180 pounds
per yard of rail.  And a yard isn't all that big.  Here in the US they
generally use anywhere from 116# to 180# rail for commercial railroads.
Carl

--
"No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can
give a good reason why he should be entitled to the priviledge of living