RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] More youthful wetsub experiences

Absolutely. My dad's partner was a Belgian who was in the resistance until
captured with about 30 others. Half of them were executed on the spot, the
other half sent to a camp. While there, he happened to walk out of their hut
to go to the bathroom when an allied bomb fell on it and wiped out the rest,
so he was the only survivor of the original 30. When liberated at the end of
the war, his lungs were in really bad shape and the doctors told him to go
somewhere with a warmer climate, so that's how he ended up in Argentina. He
married and went on his honeymoon to Bariloche, a mountainous part of the
country with Swiss and German architecture and traditions. Guess what, he
started running into his former jailers on the street, and cut his honeymoon
short 'cause it wasn't much fun. That said, there are also lots of great
Germans down there who have no such record. In fact, the owners of the pool
were German and were my closest friends. Please read no grudge into the
story, it belongs to another time altogether. You're all getting me off
topic! I don't mean to waste everyone's time.

More on topic, this morning my sub project became like a Gruyere, with lots
of holes in the hull. Tomorrow it gets all the inserts welded in, and within
the next two days it should get the endcap on the stern and the dome seat on
the bow. Pictures soon.

- Alec