RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] More youthful wetsub experiences

Growing Up in Argentina, you could probably find some real Nazi's.
Didn't a lot of them flee to South america?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alec Smyth
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:42 PM
To: 'personal_submersibles@psubs.org'
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] More youthful wetsub experiences

We were limited in depth by the length of the hose, since we'd leave the
tank floating along the surface. If I remember right, it was about 4-5
feet
long. Which is probably just as well since we had no idea one had to
exhale
upon surfacing. It was a friend's pool, hence no lifeguards. But my
friend's
mom was a real disciplinarian. That's because when she was young she'd
been
a bit of a nut herself... once she was pulled over by a motorcycle cop
for
speeding, and while he was writing the ticket she rode off on his
Harley.

It was fun growing up in a place (Argentina) where liability lawsuits
were
unheard of and cops were too busy fighting terrorists to worry about
crazy
kids. I find safety nazis depressing.

Damn, I'm rambling. Better get back to work.

- Alec