Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] certification question

Floridarobots@aol.com wrote:

> Where does the Coast Gaurd currently stand on the issue of a personal
> submarine as far as its registration ? What is required ? How about
> its use for a passanger ?

I've wondered about this.  I called them and asked, long ago.
They told me that they had no rules for submarines, as long
as the submarines were not carrying passengers for money.

> I was just hoping someone knew the answer to this question to save me
> a lot of phone calls !

But the rules may have changed a bit.  I kinda doubt it.

In the late 60s, there was a Bill before the U.S. Congress -- I
forget which house -- concerning licensing of submarine pilots
and crew.  It went no where.

Mike