Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] certification question

Submarines, like all other motorized vessels, must be registered (licensed)
in the state of principle use.

Most states, other than a couple, base the license fee on the length of the
boat. For instance, in Minnesota, the cost is $12 for three years for
motorboats under 19'.

You are also required to carry the other safety gear that motorboats must
have such as PFDs, lights after sunset, etc (except fire extinguishers
unless you have an internal combustion engine.)

You display the 3" letters and numbers on the forward half of the craft on
both port and starboard side.

Most states also require a validation decal (often shaped like the state) on
both sides. I believe Florida just requires one on the starboard side.

Go to www.NASBLA.org  . They list the boating regs for all states including
license fees etc.

Tim