Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Anchor System

Carsten,

Have a good trip. I think you will enjoy th sub ride, although you will
probably spend more time looking at the submarine than at the ocean bottom.
Sabine will enjoy the fisheye view, at any rate.

As to depth, it's nice to have the skinny water North Sea at hand. Over here,
it is 700 feet deep 16 miles off shore. 2000 feet at 40 miles. And off the
middle and eastern Bahamas, 3 miles from the palm trees, it is anywhere from
6000 to 16000. That's a lot of meters, in anyone's book. You come to see me
aboard the CSSX, you aren't going to be seeing bottom. Just mid-water.

Best Regard,
Vance