Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Anchor System

Carsten,

You're right! I guess I didn't protray a very good example. Folks,
Carsten has a policy of never diving in water deeper than his sub's test
depth. This is simply good submarining. If he should have a serious
problem, he will still have an environment which he can work on his
problem without fear of escalating it more by additional depth. Good
call Carsten.

Your description of a flat bottom with drop off weights on the bottom
becomming stuck in the mud is also a good thought for us to condider. I
believe it is called liquifaction similar to what occurs during an
earthquake in soft sand. The larger items are shook to the bottom while
the water rises. This is also easily shown by standing in the surf and
noting how the wave action buries your feet if you don't move.

Thanks for keeping an eye on all of us.

Ed