Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Anchor System

Hi Ed ,

I think this is not a real situation..

For saftey reason there will be a bronze plate inside my
next sub near the main hatch :

"If you want to dive with this sub - shut this hatch
properly and never dive in waters with deeps greater than
the maximum operational deep (820')"

With a sub good for 150' I will not dive in 200' deep waters.
In waters deeper than the max.oper.deep of the sub I will only
travel all seawater tanks empty  - and on the surface.

If I want to stay near a shelf wall - I will use the main engine,
the bow thruster and the stern thruster - and maybe later -
the autopilot. If the currents are to heavy for that
- I will not stay near the shelf wall.

In Sgt.Peppers with fife engines I can stay on a place just with
the engines - if no or only very slow currents there.
Most civil subs with outside battery pods near the bottom on both
sides can resting on the bottom just sitting down.

One reason that I don't want to resting the bigger sub in our currents
here just on the bottom is that the keel is a flat plate with the
drop weights - maybe the sub will going deeper and deeper in the
mud-bottom if the currents works on the sub and the bottom.
(Maybe some natural english speaker can explain this effect
a little better..)

       " The civil sub has two enemys : Fire and ropes "
                     (Carsten Standfuss)

see you - Carsten