Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] the purpose of sails

Shin,

There are several reasons for a sail the size of today's. First of all,
it must protect the many scopes and masts that protrude upward from the
hull. Second, it is a must to protrude through a thick layer of ice in
polar surfaces. That's just two good reasons.

Ed Greany
Former Nuc Sailor