Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Crew choice, forgot to answer before...

At 10:45 -0400 09/06/01, Michael B. Holt wrote:
>David Buchner wrote:
> > Captain Nemo as a hipster, etc. Anybody remember Hagbard Celine?
>
>Who's Hagbard Celine?

In the "Illuminatus!" trilogy, by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea -- (a set of long and jumbled science fiction/psychedelic paranoid conspiracy fantasy novels which I won't go out on a limb now to speak for the quality of, although I thought it was pretty cool when I was 19 and thought that kind of stuff was pretty cool. Basically, the story proceeds from the premise that ALL the wacky conspiracy theories you've ever heard of are true) -- there's a pirate sort of character who has his own big super-advanced super-secret submarine and travels around the world thwarting the evil conspiracy.

(And it's fulla girls and sex... and a big computer that can predict the news, if I remember correctly...)
--
David
buchner@wcta.net - MN, USA