[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull shapes and toilets

Carsten's idea of circular pipes with stips of metal between them was
a good one.  Afte thinking about it, I realize the boat would look
like it had tubes wrapped around it.  And, after thinking about it
some more, I realize the sub would look like a huge earthworm.

And, also from Carsten, the idea of determining length from
beam/length ratio offers are new apparoach.  If we assume the
determining dimension to be the diamter required for seating
space at the toilet, then the the submarine's length is
determined by measuring the tallest woman's height while
she is seated on the toilet.

I love mixing engineering and aesthetics.

Mike