Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: PSUB.....Toilets

At some point, hopefully in the near future, we'll have the power to get the
galley back in operation and be able to cook on the boat as well as sleep on it,
as we're doing now during work weekends.
We have the heads back in limited operation and most of the water working
again. Soon we'll be able to pump the sanitary (holding) tanks into the sewage
line on the pier and then we'll be in full operation. Taylor donated a working
ice cream machine similar to what was originally there, so now we have ice
cream on weekends as well.
Gilbert Bohannon runs the site and does an amazing amount of volunteer work
and organizing. We couldn't do it without him; and the many other regular
volunteers who are there almost every weekend. If you're going to be in the
area, email him and let him know, and he'll probably be able to arrange the
inside tour, beyond where the tourists normally go.

www.usstorsk.org

The next work weekend is Sept. 28-30; we can use all the help we get. Email
Gilbert at the website if you're planning to come, we sleep on the boat and on
the other two museum boats there and eat most meals on the other boats as
well.

I hope to see some of you there; as well as helping a good cause, it's a great
way to get a great look at good solid submarine technology from the bilges up.

Greg