Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Beware of reporter

> I hope they don't take the usual "Goofball builds submarine" tack the
> national press often does. Locals are fine, but the national folks
> like to make fun of people they see as "unhip hobbyists."
>

> >From: Ray Keefer <Ray.Keefer@Sun.COM>
> >Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
> >To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> >Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] reporter called
> >Hi,
> >
> >I just had a reporter call me. She was Louise Nap from Wired News. She heard
> >about us from John Farringtonand is going to follow up with John for
> >further interviews.
> >
> >The article is going out sometime next week.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Ray

It's OK if they want to take the "Goofball builds submarine" tack.
I'm not afraid of the truth.  ;-)

Seriously, in our 2 other talks with the media, I've always
tried to convey that we've really researched what we're doing,
and in our case, are following plans designed by engineers.

Louise and I have chatted briefly, and probably tomorrow, Monica,
myself and Louise will have a phone interview.  Her editor or
someone like that had come across our website and wanted Louise
to do a story about us.  Of course, we'll once again ask that
they mention the psubs.org website, just so the readers don't
think that Monica and I are the only goofballs out there!

Hopefully it'll turn out to be good PR for psubs in general.

-John