[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Blowing ballast (was: question about general design?)

VBra676539@aol.com wrote:

> You might want to do some experiments about weight before making any
> decisions along the "detachable gravel" line. You might be surprised just how
> much volume it takes to equal a chunk of lead the size of a shoe box.

About the same time I came up with the gravel idea I was in a
junior high shop class.  We cast lead shot-puts.  We also cast
aluminum shot-puts.  The difference in weight taught me about
that sort of thing.

Speaking of shop class, I wonder if a school system might be
interested in having kids work on a psub?  As a teaching
method and as a marketing tool.

Mike