Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Tanks and diving (was: question about general design?)

In a message dated 8/12/01 10:57:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mholt@richmond.edu writes:

> This is not always true.  I have epilepsy, and I can't afford to
>  try to dive.  I've not had a seisure in a long time, but it's a
>  possibility I live with every day.  One gran mal seizure at 60
>  feet can upset my plans for dinner.

The "afford" I was referring to was cash, although if you have a medical
problem (like epilepsy) then yes, you can't afford to dive.

Talk to a divemaster sometime and tell him or her what your are doing, and
they might go over the stuff you would need to know in case something goes
wrong and diving physics come into play (equalizing your ears, using
emergency gear, dealing with the bends,  how not to blow your lungs up, etc.).

>  I was not aware that it takes a C-card to buy tanks for non-diving
>  applications.  This means that those of who do not dive must
>  find another source.
>
>  Mike

I might be wrong about needing a C-card to buy tanks, but if you do then it
will always be possible to make a "black market" deal with a friend who is
certified to buy the tanks for you.

Anthony