Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] question about general design?

Hi Anthony

Were you get this figures ? 200$ for a class certification ? -
Give me the adress from the socitey with the phone number of the man
which gives me the ABS or LRS or GL or NV or BV or similar certifcation
for 200 !

The last time I ask a class - it 2 times the cost for the big sub
and about 5 times for the one man.
Each vale has to be classed, each steel plate needs the
paper before you work on it, each weld of the pressure hull has to be
x-rayed, the pressure hull has to be pressure tank tested which
cost here 25000 $ a day in the test chamber and 25.000 $ for the
insurance
for the test chamber. Each pipe has to be go inside the hull with a
security
vale, the live support system has to work for days. Everthing needs
a certification paper - for example a acrylic porthole with
certification
from the same company in the same quality cost 2 times the price of one
without this paper.. I forgot : each drawing has to send to the class
in 3-4 copies before you start to build anything - you can start during
the
time they send you one copy back with there stamps and there red marks.

Marks like : " Please make the pressure 1/25 inch thicker" - means
a complete new weight and bouancy calculation...

The test progamm alone needs weeks.. Maybe in the US the class is
simpler ?

I am working on a yard - we work with differnt classes manly with
LRS (Lloyds register of Shipping) and GL (Germanischer Lloyd).

50 $ for the book seems right - for each book.. They have one for
the submarine, one for the machinery, one for the electric and
some more for the other items.

Hope the class office is near your backyard - the want also travel
cost for the inspections teams..

see you Carsten - Germany