Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Newbie Alert!

Hi,

>Hi Steve... Welcome.  Where are you?

Thanx.  Victoria, BC, which is on Vancouver Island.

Being surrounded by so much water, and apparently some of the best dive
sites on the west coast (dunno for myself, yet to be certified), I've been
itching to get down there and see some of it for myself.

http://www.dive.bc.ca is a good sight to see the stuff just under the waves
near me.

I've always loved subs, and ROV's. Having built my own backyard pool ROV
last year, I really wanted to move up to something bigger.  Why should I
settle for a camera mounted onboard when I could build something to take me
down too :)

Since I'm planning a wet sub (are they termed immersion subs?) one thing
I'd like to know about is air/O2 supplies.  Are most of you (wet sub
builder/operators) just wearing your normal SCUBA stuff, or do you pack a
tank or two, or three, or... in the fuselage/hull to give longer dive times?

TIA
Steve