[PSUBS-MAILIST] GAS VS Electric

As I said before my goal was to build something similar to the bionic
dolphin fast and maneuverable.  I was thinking of using a gas engine.  The
systems that I have researched would take the exhaust from the engine run it
though a filter then send it back into the engine this would use minimum air
and all I would have to do is slowly bleed in fresh air.  Effectively using
a minimum size air tank to run the engine for a relatively long time.  What
do you guys/girls think of this system in terms of complexity and efficiency
stuff like that.  I am only looking for a dive time for a maximum one hour
before refuleling air and gas.