[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Rolling on (was: sub)

Lew Clayman wrote:

> Not at all clear on why that gimmick is special, what is the magic
> in that ratio.  Can you explain, please?

I have no idea why that ratio was important, but it was one of the
claims in the patent.  I'll look it up.

> Could the whole thing be made smaller if you sit inside, rather
> than stand?  Maybe have a seat mounted on the axis of the "hub".

That's a good addition to it all.  I never thought of that.

> Thinking as I type here, might even be workable with no seat at
> all, you crawl/sit/scoot.

Pre-teens would love that!  I know a couple of 8-year-old
boys who'd jump at the chance to do it.  When I was 10
or so I'd could have used this gadget in the pond near my
house ...

Mike