Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New comer w/ROV Question

Phil,
   You are 100% correct about the catch 22 of needing thin for the
magnetic flux and thick for the pressure. I never got to the cylinder
point, but I did try to have several magnets on disks which helped a
little. The main problem was using the so called rare earth super
magnets, there wasn't a defined north south as there is on a bar magnet.
The shape of these magnets (disks) did not avail themselves to the
application I was trying to perform.
   Thanks for the input,
Stan in Mo.