[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Psub for Lew

Lew Clayman wrote:

> I question the remark that "Submerged, she is down only 40 inches,
> but it feels as deep as 100 feet" but I can forgive a little
> bit of marketing hype.

I bought the plans, Lew.  It's very simple.

> I wonder if it could be modified to sail at the surface, as a
> trimaran?  Oh no, I'm off on a bizarro quest now... ohh noooo
> here I gooooooooooooooooooooo

I looked at that idea, when I got the plans years ago.  The
problem is that the hull is short and the "wings" too flexible.

However, you do realize that there is no reason one cannot
build sails to capture currents of water?  The structure would
be no more complex than any rig for the air.

Sorry.

Mike