Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull parts arrived

At 07:29 +0000 07/06/01, Captain Nemo wrote:
>One of my next projects will be to build a good sturdy steel A-frame for a chain hoist.  And one of these days I sure would like to have a fork lift.  Those two pieces of equipment would make all this a lot easier.  In fact, when my projects increase in size, the fork lift will become necessary.

By the way: I've seen that one can get forklift attachments that fit the 3-point hitch on the rear of many tractors. I think I've also seen them for the front thingy on a bobcat. That would be more versatile and useful than a dedicated forklift - which can't do anything but lift things up and down, sit around being heavy, and get stuck if you drive off edge of the pavement.
--
David
buchner@wcta.net - MN, USA