Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: PSUB Logo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lew Clayman" <lew_clayman@yahoo.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 2:01 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: PSUB Logo

"White looks cheap."

I think I know what you might mean, but I'd add that it depends on how it's
done.  F.E.: The sub on the ATLANTIS logo is white, shaded in silver and
grey, and looks clean, bright, fresh, and elegant.  A sparkling machine in
prototype white.  Absolutely gorgeous; and (in our case) emblematic of the
unique (often one-off) boats we build.

Of course, what I really think you guys ought to do is simply reproduce that
picture of me standing on the trailer with my NAUTILUS MINISUB, since it's
just plain flat out and with no doubt in my mind whatsoever the absolute
most eye-melting, crowd pleasing,  and visually orgasmic personal
submersible that ever was or ever will be (and you could use that image
until I get some pictures of the new and improved sub, whereupon you can
revamp the whole tamale).  To me, that one picture says it all:  the lone
artisan, triumphant after years of personal struggle in his humble little
backyard shop, standing there with something everybody told him just
couldn't be done: the World's only functional specimen of the most widely
recognized fictional submarine design in history: Captain Nemo's NAUTILUS.

But then, I might be biased......

Pat