Re: [[PSUBS-MAILIST] Undersea Habitats]

Herve -

Long time studys on bodys of dead professional divers (Nort Sea work
divers died on high age or on other accident - no on dive accident) here
in europe
shows that parts of the brain and also the main nerve bus in the neck
(don't know the english word..) are badly dammaged by very small mirco
bubbles.

This divers have no dive accident and dive controled inside the tables.
Other test with older divers - still alive during the test - shows that
they have a bigger lost of remembering and other important brain
functions than normal for there age... Maybe each dive will dammage your
body a little...

Its maybe like smoking or drinking alcohol or longtime phone talks
with a mobil telephone.

So I dive and drink (sometimes..) but don't use a mobil telephone or
smoke
- to compensate that ..

Later with CSSX I will dive normaly under 1 Atm - so I eliminate 3 of 4
problems for each crew member because it is not possible to smoke or
mobil phone underwater and it is not nessesary to dive under pressure -
just drinking is possible - but new studys (my own) shows that this
alone will not dammage your brain.. But drinking and control a submarine
at the same time will maybe dammage the submarine...

Today I welded parts of the stern section together (Welding gear is back
from refit - works better than ever before..). I protected myself with a
gasmask, welding helmet, head-set, security shoe, security work clothes,
scarf and gloves - but one scuba dive to long and/or to deep will waste
all this investments.. One filter for the mask is about 4 Dollar and
work just one day..

It a good idear to make a decompression stop with pure oxygen for some
10-30 minutes in 10 feet - leaving a 30 feet deep habiat after some
days...

Sorry about my spelling - Carsten