Re: [[PSUBS-MAILIST] Undersea Habitats]

In a message dated 4/6/2001 11:25:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
caribsub@coqui.net writes:

<< Besides other theories I would add that myself like 500 minimum other
divers experienced (French Navy) several days at 30 Ft at saturation under
strict monitoring without a single decompression sickness reported.
 500 Navy divers that s a lot of divers who are no goats, they may be
healthier than the average population, but 0 incidents it is more than a
confirmation. it is a fact. >>

Interesting--but I might suggest that 500 french divers might SMELL like
goats after several days--500 divers from anywhere would--it conjures an
interesting picture--

As to habitats, why not make a sort of towed DLO sub? Use the tow boat as
your surface support with low pressure/high volume compressor, a small
generator, potable water source and surface support. You wouldn't have to
worry about ballast. It would be built in. Concrete maybe. And you'd have
MBTs to flood down and then a couple of sizeable trim tanks to go negative
with. You could blow ballast using your air source when the time came to go
to the house and then you wouldn't have to worry about hazards to navigation.
Stay out of the shipping lanes, fly your RAM flags and relax and enjoy it.
Vance