Re: [[PSUBS-MAILIST] Undersea Habitats]

--- Carsten Standfuß <MerlinSub@t-online.de> wrote:
> Nice discussion - tide here is 2,8 m = 9,2 feet
>
> 30 feet + 9,2 = 39,2 = 12m = Bottom time = 192 minutes = 3,2 hours !
>
> Also make shure that the scuba regulator at your underwater-home is
> working
> - or it will be flooded partly during high tide ..

Yes, it's best to assume highest tides... remember there are seasonal max & min, not just daily
max & min.

> Pressure in the habiat is 1 atm - , pressure in the exchange chamber can
> be change from 1 atm. to ambient. Bottom time in the habiat himself is
> same as on the surface at 1 atm - endless.. But diver chamber needs two
> hatches (inside/outside).

Ah!  I think I understand.

> If you sink it - gratulation - now you are the owmer of a
> "hazard to navigation" - object... Maybe you should look for a place
> were no bigger surface ships are- maybe between reef rocks..

I was afraid that was the answer!

Actually, how would you protect it legally so that it is not "salvage"??

> In Germany - if you show you One-man submarine to the public -
> the people always ask first : Nice - it is insuranced ?,
> do you need a driver licence ?, it is legal ? how much you have spend
> for ?
>
> In the UK or US the people ask more like : How long you have build on it
> ?
> How deep you can dive with it ?. And maybe: How much you have spend for
> ?
> Never anybody in the GB or US ask me about a insurance police ...

I don't know about the "spirit" here - it might be because insurance for a surface boat in the US
is so expensive that we assume for a submarine it is simply not affordable.

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Thanks

-Lew

> Carsten - its not against the law - so must be a legal position ...

=====
"If you ask me a question I don't know, I won't answer it."
          - Yogi Berra
=====