Re: [[PSUBS-MAILIST] Undersea Habitats]

--- Carsten Standfuß <MerlinSub@t-online.de> wrote:
> The "No Decompression Nessesary time" (Bottom Time) at 30' (9,1m)
> is about 653 Minutes (about 11 hours). After this you have make
> a break during surfacing at 3m (10'). My tables shows not how long -
> because this time is far beyond divers table.

How do you calculate for tides?  Over 6 hours (about half an ocean tide wavelength) depths can
vary by several feet in many areas, peak-to-trough.

> A small diver look out chamber will free you from the time limit.

Please explain for a newbie!

Also, what is the legal position on sinking permanent structures in depths under 30'?  When does
it create a "hazard to navigation" for surface vessels?

-Lew

=====
"If you ask me a question I don't know, I won't answer it."
          - Yogi Berra
=====