[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lake boats (was:video: was Busby Book Copyright)

Captain Nemo wrote:
> Speaking of Jeff (Simon Lake's Grandson): he's organizing an archive and
> museum of his famous grandfathers submarine stuff down in Florida.  I've
> kinda talked him into building a scale replica of the ARGONAUT (Simon's
> famous boat).  He's really jazzed about the idea.  If he gets it together,
> he's really going to have a place sub-fans will want to visit; probably end
> up on TV and/or in the movies, too.  Good stuff for the sub community!  I'm
> going to help him with the design for the ARGO.  I get adrenalined-up just
> thinking about it!

I talked with Jeff Lake about finding the plans to the ARGONAUT JUNIOR,
over the last year or so. There's sat least one full-sized replica, and
the plans for that exist.  However, even by invokling Jeff Lake's name,
I was unable to elicit a reply from the builder.  I'd still like to
build it.  There's a replica of it in the British maritime museum
in Geenwich, and contacting them is on my lsit of things to do.

You're going to do the ARGONAUT that was the PROTECTOR pre-prototype?
Add me to list of volunteers for whatever.

Mike