Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: The next step in drug traffic cut short.Subs!

At 13:09 -0400 9/12/00, Michael B. Holt wrote:
>Well, I have a problem.  I used to speak fair Spanish (for business
>purposes), and I know a girl who's Columbian.  I'm on this list,
>know about submarines and like cats.

Uh-oh, cats...

At 22:08 +0200 9/12/00, Carsten Standfuß wrote:
>I have seen 2 real and 1 project of East/west Germany smuggle subs.
>
>Number 1 is on Ray's famous page and called "Electric eel" was made by an
>east-german ship-engineer and not used because the "Stasi " grab him
>and his small one man plywood/polyester sub before he can use it to
>travel from Rostock to Kiel in the baltic sea.

Oh, so you know about that one? I'm the one who took the crude pictures of it (with a 110 Instamatic, no less) -- and I thought I had taken a picture of the little plaque with the story on it... but I haven't been able to find it. Maybe you could convey whatever you know and Ray to tack it to the pictures on the website. Any idea where I might find more about it? When I saw it, it was part of a touring exhibit of ways people escaped from Soviet-occupied eastern-European countries. Have you seen it back home?

>So it was designed for night operation. (Un-)Fortunatly
>the border falls and my friend
>found a new girl friend here before I go to build it.

Wow. Don't you hate it when that happens?

I guess I missed some interesting posts somewhere along the line. I didn't realize you had been so involved with this particular topic. In fact, I guess I hadn't caught on that you had lived in "East" Germany (or am I wrong in getting this impression from your story). Wow.

--
David
Osage MN USA