Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] life support method?

Dave,

Your Subject title is 'life support method' and you mentioned test flying as
in test piloting. I think we all need to remember that these things are not
experimental, and every system from the hull to the wiring is part of your
'life support syste.' I don't care if you are a backyard builder or not. The
engineering concepts and quality control methods are standardized and need to
be adhered to. You don't have to be a Wright brother. Your psub should be
tested and tested again. Every system has to be carefully built and
vigorously tested. Including the hull. And the thrusters in the swimming
pool. And the life support system in the garage with an outside crew (not
allowed to drink until you get out). When you finally get around to training
yourself to actual motor around in the thing, the only new sensation should
be water lapping against the main ballast tanks. Everything else needs to be
familiar and comfortable to you. It's the difference between us taking the
car into afternoon traffic on an errand, and a fourteen year old stealing the
car  and going for a joy ride in afternoon traffic for his first driving
lesson.

Vance