Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] UW-DGPS

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:36:39 -0800 (PST), Ray Keefer
<Ray.Keefer@ebay.sun.com> wrote:

> The acoustical signal from the GPS receiver's acoustical transmitter is subject
> to the usual problems with sound underwater. Refraction. Stratified desenty layers....
> Fortunate most PSUBS don't go so deep so these issues may not be major. They are
> something to consider though.

I wouldn't think that all that stuff would be very important, since the
sound from multiple transducers or to multiple microphones is travelling
through the same layers, temperature gradients, etc. It may throw off the
triangulation a bit, but I wouldn't think it would be a show-stopper or
anything.

Later,
Jon

   Jon Hylands      Jon@huv.com      http://www.huv.com/jon