[PSUBS-MAILIST] U 26 for sale

Hi submadmans, hi Karl,

today I get the information that the German Navy
wants to sale 6 units of her coastal 206 class
Diesel-electric submarines - and start with U 26 first.

They are real small for a military sub.
Only 48,6 m length (159,6ft) and 4,6m beam (15ft).
The displacement is 456/500 ts. Crew of 21
if full armed with 8 bow-torpedotubes.
But I ask an officer of the watch - he told
me if the diesel is running - you need only two persons
to run. Runs 10 kn on the surface and 17 kn dived.

Made from a special type of stainless steel there is
no corosion on any part of the sub. Built 18 units from
1971 - 1974. An older sister is displayed at
WWW.webtagon.com/submarines and than U 10 or U 9.
(On one of the U 9 pictures you can see me at the
bow compartment just in the moment I firing one
"sorry-mistake"-Torpedo into the hangar with the older
airplanes. :-)

But you need a harbour with at lees 4,3m (14ft) deep.

Carsten