Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota - Thrust

Thanks Pat,
Going back through my books, many state that the Sears-Haack & the Von Karman
Ogive shapes are the lowest in drag.  The problem with using these minimum drag
shapes is getting everything else to balance out in the real world.

Laminar shapes offer incredible performance when done right, but they are very
sensitive to surface finish and disturbances.

I think Karl is on the right track when he talks about the shape of a Tuna.  I
think we still have a lot to learn from nature about design!
Take care,
Ken Schulze