RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota - Thrust

Wade, maybe your buddies can get us some parts wholesale, hehe. I've been
tracking ballard and Plug stock for some time now. It seems that Plug is
only going the residential route through GE, whereas ballard has a
production model for Mercedes (?) automobiles already. I think it's
Mercedes, I could be wrong. The automobile units look really promising for
us psubbers. THe residential units typically run off of natural gas or LP
gas. The auto units run of ethanol, if I'm not mistaken. Both require a
water source though. As far as the NavCAD, does it model submerged
structures or just surface units? Like my Nuclear Submarine buddies say
"there are submarines, and then there are targets". If you can model subs,
you should be able to come up with some general parameters for the most
hydrodynamic hull design. I understand that the teardrop is the most
effecient sub design, from a laminar flow and friction loss standpoint. It
may not be from a practical standpoint though. Is there a benchmark for the
model? And usually, they include references or the actual calcs that are
used in the code. Maybe you can ask for that at work. The reason I say that
is that sometimes if you have corrupted code, you can tell be fore doing a
calc, by running the bechmark case. Anyway, just a thought.
Suds