Re: GUNS was Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUB Fatalities...ViewPorts...Shatterproof

                       I think the use of guns is a cultural issue.  Like
religion & politics it has no place in our discussion group on PSUB's.  As
individuals we are who we are and we are all different. Except for one thing.
Our interest in PSUB's. I was just trying to make a point that view ports
should maybe be collision proof.  "Bullet proof" might have been a bad
descriptive to use.  Let's call the gun issue a dead horse.
                       I was watching a TV documentary yesterday on ship
wreck dive in Lake Erie. The wreck they were diving had lengths of steel
railway tracking strewn all over. Apparently RR tracking was a common ships
cargo in the 1800's and usually kept topside.  Colliding a PSUB into a
jutting track or timber while viewing this wreck would have been a real
concern.
                      Now how can this concern be adressed by design ??
Regards Doug