Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUB Fatalities...

hello, the only thing i can thinkof when comparing what is like tryng to get
out of a small vessel that is being floded is a litle fish that somebody put
on the toilet bowl to clean the aquarium, and by mistaque somebody flushed!!

lets run a simulation to help whith the safety issue, and by the way i think
that driving on I95 down to Miami is more dangerous, than a psub.

the pilot will not be able to get out till the vessel is completely floded,
he will need to push against a lot of pressure to get out, how does your
vessel behaves when flooded? hey no need to try rigth now... this is only a
simulation...
may be you will be upside down , stern down , sideways?, meanwhile the
partially floded vessel is descending , there is not shallow water, only
deep shit...
 the pilot has manage to breath from the scuba inside the psub, so he still
alive, but deep, what is the descent rate of the vessel when floded, ?

the only way the pilot can earn some time is by decreasing the rate of
descent, which also decreases the force at which the water comes in , but ,
i can tell you it comes pretty fastmy point is that scuba will save  the
pilot some time, but it will not insure is safety, it needs to be use added
in addition of  a way to stop the vessel to sink below critical deph, for
the diver 50 meters) and become positive buoyant, hey we are not planning to
leave our toys  rusting on the bottom are we?

Gabriel Feldman