Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUB Fatalities...

As an addendum to what I said the other day to Pat about blow and go ascents and Navy type escape gear, it seemed that I missed a point. Pat's sub and Jon's and some others are limited depth vehicles. I forgot that any accident (well, nearly any) that might require flooding of these hulls would occur in shallow water ... relatively speaking. Shallow enough to fall into the sport/air diving categories which would certainly allow egress in a SCUBA rig, and might even allow time to deploy buoys or lift lines or something. So for the smaller shallower guys, SCUBA seems like a good option.

In reference to the Tigersharks Carsten mentioned, there is a picture of one in the old Perry Submarine Builders brochures from the late 60s. I suppose that makes it the one mentioned sold in the US. It looks like a fiberglas hull with double conning towers and dome hatches. No details were offered, just a blurb that Perry had been involved in some testing of the vehicle.

Best Regards,
Vance