Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: SCUBA backup for psubs

> Update from Captain George re: the Stenke Hood discussed above, they are
> built for the military by Switlik Parachute Company (no other info).

I haven't worked in the parachuting business since about the mid-80's, but:
the SWITLIK PARACHUTE COMPANY was one of the first, and was a big supplier
of gear up through WWII, at least.  I don't know if they're still in
business (are you sure he said "they are" and not "they were built by...")
I can shoot an E-kite to the USPA, and browse the net for SWITLIK to see if
they're still around.  (Also: THOMAS REGISTER under manufacturers of
parachutes?)

Will sound off if something turns up.

Pat