[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sea trials/PSU/Navy propulsion

I answered the question some time back about how you guys have tested your
subs. I will probably put mine on a winch and drop it down to 3 times design
limit. Unless you radiograph the welds (expensive), I'd be a little
reluctant to take it out manned, regardless of the quality. As far as
questions on the MK-50, I'd pay a small fortune to get a used one. The
propulsion uses the Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS). For
those of you that want to view the advanced propulsion system that academia
is developing for the Navy, here is the web site for PSU. I additionally
included the web site for the MK-50 torpedo. If any one can get there hands
on one (legally), I'd be interested (minus the shaped charge of course). The
concept is very simple, but material selection might be unique. a used one,
if available may be the only option. Here's the web sites. Please don't
drool on your keyboards...Suds

http://www.arl.psu.edu/areas/sceps/sceps.html

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/weapons/wep-torp.html