[PSUBS-MAILIST] Aquasub (was: Sub Parts)

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 19:09:19 -0500 "Rob Teed" <robteed@netzero.net>
writes:
> Thanks for the concern..but I have no intention of
> building a sub that would go more then 4feet underwater.
>I am going to build the "AQUASUB II" which may not be
> a "REAL" sub anyway.

I bought the plans to the Aquasub, to mollify my wife and
her fears of my drowning.   (She then refused to help in
any way.)   Why attracted you to the design?

>but like I said "My Sub"
> won't go below 4Feet. Its atached to surface pods.So..
>maybe someday we will meet...I just want something to
> see the Reef in the Florida Keys...I went snorkling and
> thought it would be nice to do it and stay dry...The
> "Aquasub" fits my needs perfectly...

I keep looking at the Aquasub concept, with changes
in mind.  Perhaps a two-seater.

I have a copy of a patent for a towed submarine.   It has one
person, prone, and a glass nose.    It's on a line and has
planes and rudders.  Always positively buouyant, so
as long as the towline is shorter than the crust depth,
life is safe . . . if the pilot doesn't run into anything.

Mike Holt
--

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.