[PSUBS-MAILIST] "Vulcania" (was: Langkawi Islands)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:19:49 -0500 "Allan Gaines"
<Allan_Gaines@yahoo.com> writes:
>    Okay, I know this is a bit off-topic (and I do ask
>some *lame* questions sometimes <g>), but
>here goes:  Near the end of Disney's "20,000 Leagues",
>the Nautilus surfaces inside the Volcania 'bay'.
>You can see the city<?> they've built there.  Now I
>haven't seen this movie in a while, but seems like I
>remember seeing something in the background that
>looks like a big solar collector (or solar furnace).  Am
>I way off on this or not?

I saw the same thing.   It looked like an old-style radar dish, to
me.

The set looked like any Greek fishing village, as it might appear
if it were crossed with a Maine trading port.

I'll ask around, and see if anyone has any idea for what that set
might have been used in other movies.

>    [I'm just going to have to rent- or buy- this movie after all.]

Buy it.   I watch it from time to time, to remind myself why I like
submarines.

Nemo had the ultimate and the first pusb!

Mike Holt
--

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.