Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Women (was: Launching at the boat ramp)

Never! I read Starship Troopers (the book) just before the movie. The
movie was the worse piece of disapointing trash I had ever seen. I much
prefer to keep the Disney interpretation of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
then let Verhoven butcher it.

Can you imagine the squid scene. A dozen sailors blasing away with
full automatic, infinant capacity, assault guns and out comes Ned with
a portable nuke as the modern equivelant to a harpoon. Boom. The whole
sub goes under....

Regards,
Ray

> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 23:01:18 -0600
> To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> From: David Buchner <buchner@wcta.net>
> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Women (was: Launching at the boat ramp)
>
> At 1550 -0600 02/10/0, Michael B Holt wrote:
> >So in general, submariners don't pay a lot of attention to women.  Or,
> >more precisely, they separate their women from their submarines.
> >Damn shame.
>
> Maybe you can get Verhoven to re-do 20,000 Leagues the way he did Starship
Troopers.