Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Launching at the boat ramp (was: LangkawiIslands)

At 0834 -0600 02/03/0, Michael B Holt wrote:

>Your solution is great, but most of us don't have your skills.   It would
>be easier for me, for example, to fabricate a pair of floats.

Styrofoam is very powerful. A friend and I hauled these 7ft-by-3ft-by-21-ft blocks up from Minneapolis. This place that builds sets for TV commercials buys them to build big lightweight things, then throws them away and buys more the next time. Unfortunately, my friend used a chainsaw and a band mill to cut them into smaller pieces to insulate his house -- I bet they would have floated an utterly ridiculous amount of weight. If I get the chance to get some more someday, I ought to float the Airstream...

--
David
Osage MN USA