Re: bubbles in plastic

Hello Bill,

I baked the polycarbonate for about two days at F 200. This was probably an
overkill but I didn't want bubbles. The thickness was 1/4 inch. Again this
was for a wet sub. After the soak at F 200 I took it up to around F 300 to F
330  where it flowed down around my mold. A polished Wok. You can see the
results on the website (PSUBS). I then took it cold in about two hours. When
I finally installed it I took some plastic polish available from Boat US and
buffed it up. While I wasn't completely pleased it worked just fine. The
biggest problem was temperature control of my wife's oven. I would suggest
something bigger with precise temperature controls and a circulating fan,
Pizza Oven?

I would suggest acrylic if you are using this for a pressure port, maybe. I
do like the impact resistance of polycarbonate for my application.

Good luck,

Ken Martindale