Re: bubbles in plastic

      Acrylic is poured into molds for casting.  These molds have to be
maintained at a certain temperature and under a certain pressure or you
will have bubbles formed inside the cast piece.  I do not know their
composition but the way to avoid this while casting is to keep the work
under pressure.  I think they use around 150 PSI but I am not sure about
this figure.  Perhaps the bubbles would not form under pressure.

G. Boucher.

PS.  I have never heat formed acrylic to any extent so I am not an expert
in this area.