From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Carsten
Standfuß
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 4:44 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: Calculation request

Dear Alec,

I run my tables with 2450 mm frame distance and get 74m (243 feet)
collapse deep.
with 2000 mm (79 inch) I get 76 m ( 250 feet)
with 1730 mm (68 inch) I get 80 m ( 262 feet)
with  585 mm (23 inch) I get 180 m( 590 feet) !

Did I a mistake in the tables ? The steel is St 37 with 370 N/mm2 with a
nominal K = 210 Nmm2 .

The bottom (bilge) of the sub is filled with a mixture of concrete and
scarp-steel.
The owner need 2 month to remove a area of 2000 x 400 x 200 mm
off them including cutting, drilling and explosives..

I think it will be very expensive to put some extra rings in.
You have to remove the concret, the engine, maybe the shaft, cut the
hull..

Here are the frame and bulkhead distance as is it :
Bulkhead, stern Tank 1000mm , than tank bulkhead, 2450mm than frame,
780 mm than light flat bulkhead, 1250 mm than light flat bulkhead,
1650mm than frame, 1730mm than frame, 2000 mm than tank bulkhead,
1000 mm tank than bulkhead. All frames 106 x 32 mm cut out from a plate.
Thickness off the tank bulkheads 12 mm..
The weight of one frame is about 193 Kg. She is build in 1986.

        Engine room   Tower    Crew space area
stern (1000)  2450  I 780 I 1250 I  1650  I  1730  I  2000  (1000)bow

regards, Carsten

	- and yes she is a monster and a girlfriend and family killer..
	.. and a good place to drink your wiskey without questions.