Ferro cement was Hull Material ??

Carsten - from Germany

A man in Austria has built a submarine in ferro cement.

Its 9 m (29,5 feet)  long and the thickness of the hull
is 0,08 of the diameter - hull is like the minesweeper hulls -
very streamlined.
Beam is 2,4 m (8 feet) and weight of the hull is 15 t.
Displacement was given with about 20 t.
The price for one hull new without anything is 43.000 DM ( 23.200
Dollar). Dive deep was given with 50m (160 feet).
He offered this kind of hulls also for semi-submersibles, UW-Bar,
UW-Station, Snorkelboat only.

Seems that he has a good experience with ferro cement but is not so
expirence  with submarine technology. (The given poor informations
about engines, battery and technology indicates that.)

His Adress:
Ellmer Wilfried
Hauotstr.17c
A 2344 Ma.Enzersdorf
Tel.02236 49952
Austria

Freezing will be a problem, and I have only a bad fotocopy of a picture
shows the hull half out of the water (without ballast).
Maybe he finished his sub maybe not (was 1994).
He reports in 1994 that his sub was 2 years in the water without
any docking.

regards Carsten - and it will never be certified..