Re: Tour of the Boat

Dan here, (another newbie.)

 I think it's a good idea to "tour the boat."  I'm mostly a spectator at this
time, I find the topic very enjoyable but am in the middle of raising six
children, ranging from 19 and in college down to 21 months.  I'm about to turn
45, (10-29).  I live in Keyport NJ, "The Gateway to the Bayshore!" not far from
the water.  My 17 yr old daughter got SCUBA open water 1 certification through a
Girl Scout "Wider Ops" program. (Scouting is another thing that takes a lot of
our time.) I have two jobs, M-F working for Sherwin-Williams in a paint
production facility;  weekends and some evenings I am also a pastor of a small
congregation, so I'll say a prayer or two for all you guys going 100 feet or
more below.

I built power boats for five years, 31' to 40', Mainship, Silverton, and Luhrs
models.  My current water craft inventory is one 16'  'Streaker' fiberglass
canoe.  I have owned 4 power boats, all outboards from 12' to 15', mostly fixer
uppers that I resold and ended up not getting paid.

To Tim Stolar,  I'll take a look at your radio controlled sub, it might be
something I could manage sooner than a full sized one, but I would probably not
go 12'.  Sounds interesting. I may have some questions after I see what you've
already posted.

 I have put out a couple of questions (even one on radio controlled subs and the
possibility of using sound and an on-board modem to control it and transmit
pictures) and I have been pleased with the responses and general level of
friendliness.

Dan Rice