Re: Pressure washers

    A power washer pump is most probably going to be a roller pump or gear
pump and not a centrifugal pump.  If you can locate one, you could use a
bypass or relief valve set to the pressure you want to operate at.  When
the pump reaches this pressure it simply opens the valve enough to bypass
the flow.  Caution, you probably should not have a lot of air in such a
testing system in case of breach.  In that case the energy stored in the
compressed air could cause someone some damage!  If the pressure vessel is
filled with non-compressable fluid (water) you will lower the danger.
    Another option would be use oil.  Fill the test chamber with nothing
but oil and attach a hydraulic cylinder to the chamber.  Use leverage to
apply external force to the cylinder to push the fluid into the test
chamber.  This way you do not even need a pump.

Gary Boucher